We want to inform you about how we process your personal data.
IMAP Netherlands handles your personal data in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation.
To whom does this Privacy Statement apply?
This Privacy Statement applies to everyone for whom IMAP Netherlands processes personal data.
An overview of the most important categories is listed below:
- visitors to our website;
- IMAP Netherlands’ clients (and their employees);
- recipients of IMAP Netherlands newsletters and other mailings;
- IMAP Netherlands’ prospects;
- employees of other IMAP International partner firms;
- people involved in a transaction in which IMAP Netherlands’ acts as corporate finance adviser;
- suppliers (and their employees);
- third parties that communicate with IMAP Netherlands’;
What personal data does IMAP Netherlands process?
IMAP Netherlands processes personal data that you have provided to us, personal data generated during your visit to our website and while reading newsletters, and personal data we have derived from other sources.
Provided to IMAP Netherlands by you:
- Contact details and other personal data that are necessary for handling your case;
- Personal data you provide to IMAP Netherlands in the context of events, seminars, meetings and newsletters for which you have registered.
- Data concerning your visit to our website;
- Data concerning the device you used to visit our website, for example your IP address;
Personal data received from other sources:
- Personal data received from public online sources such as company websites, Mergermarket, and social media platforms such as LinkedIn;
- Personal data obtained from the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce or Company info;
- Other personal data relating to you that we obtained in handling cases via (inter alia) clients and market studies.
Why does IMAP Netherlands process your personal data?
IMAP Netherlands uses your personal data for several purposes:
- To provide corporate finance services performed by our consultants for our clients;
- To comply with our statutory obligations such as obligations under the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act (Wet ter voorkoming van witwassen en financieren van terrorisme, WWFT);
- To contact and communicate with you;
- To perform marketing activities, such as sending newsletters and other forms of marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- To secure, use and improve our website. For a more comprehensive explanation of this, see the section on 'cookies'.
- To improve the quality of our services;
- To conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
The protection of your data
IMAP Netherlands has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. People who have access to your data or files on IMAP Netherlands’ behalf have a duty of confidentiality. IMAP Netherlands uses technological and operational security standards that are generally accepted in the sector in order to protect personal data from being lost, misused, altered or destroyed. If you have any questions about the protection of your personal data, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact us on +31 (0)10 235 88 50.
Engaging third parties/ sharing data with third parties
In certain cases it may be necessary for IMAP Netherlands to give third parties access to personal data. A non-exhaustive overview is provided below:
- Third parties, such as regulators and other organizations, in order to comply with our statutory obligations;
- External suppliers in connection with the processing of your personal data for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as ICT suppliers, suppliers of communication services or other suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services.
The transfer of your personal data to the abovementioned third parties will only take place for the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Statement.
Third parties to whom we provide your personal data may themselves be responsible for complying with privacy legislation. IMAP Netherlands is neither responsible nor liable for the processing of your personal data by these third parties. To the extent that a third party processes your personal data as a Processor of IMAP Netherlands and therefore acts at the request and on the instructions of IMAP Netherlands, IMAP Netherlands concludes a processing agreement with such third party which meets the requirements set out in the Regulation.
Data outside the European Union
In order to provide our services, it may be necessary for IMAP Netherlands to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside the European Union. In that case IMAP Netherlands ensures that such data transfer is in accordance with the Regulation.
Purposes for the processing of personal data
IMAP Netherlands may process personal data for a number of purposes. The data processing may be necessary to perform a contract for the provision of corporate finance services or to comply with a statutory requirement. In some cases we will ask for your explicit consent, for example for the use of certain cookies, or, if you are not a client, for receiving commercial communications.
Data may also be processed in connection with a justified interest of IMAP Netherlands, for example for the purpose of internal administration, effective communications, quality improvement or direct marketing for clients and active contacts of IMAP Netherlands. In the latter case, an opt-out is always offered.
IMAP Netherlands will not retain your personal data any longer than is necessary for achieving the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or for complying with statutory retention periods.
You have the right to ask IMAP Netherlands to correct, supplement, delete or block your personal data if it is incomplete, incorrect or is being processed in contravention of any statutory provision. You also have the right to request IMAP Netherlands to inform you of any personal data it holds relating to you. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters, emails or invitations to seminars or events, you can unsubscribe at any time and at no cost by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. IMAP Netherlands will discontinue the processing if it is required by law to do so. IMAP Netherlands will continue with the processing if there are justified imperative grounds to do so that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms.
At IMAP Netherlands we attach great value to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our customers with the services we provide. That is why we regularly survey customer satisfaction levels and use the results to further improve our services. If you feel that aspects of our services could be improved, please bring it to the attention of your IMAP Netherlands consultant. We will take all the steps necessary to resolve the matter to your satisfaction. If you still feel the matter has not been resolved, you can use our complaints procedure. For more information on this option, please contact us via email@example.com.
In addition, you have at all times the right and the option to submit a complaint about IMAP Netherlands’ processing of personal data to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Statement is subject to change
IMAP Netherlands reserves the right to amend or alter this Privacy Statement if, for example, there are changes to the processing or if legislation changes. If there are substantial changes, IMAP Netherlands will notify you of this. Nothing in this Privacy Statement is intended to create any obligation or cause any agreement to be concluded between IMAP Netherlands and any visitor to this Internet site or to provide any information in that context.
We may use these tools to trace information on our systems and to identify certain categories of users on the basis of items such as IP address, domain, browser type and pages visited. This information is passed on to our webmasters, who use it to analyze the number of visitors to the various parts of the website and to guarantee that our website acts as a useful and effective source of information.